05 May 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Today I'm going to do a review on the Estee Lauder double wear foundation. I know how hard it is to find a decent foundation and then even finding one with the perfect colour match can be a challenge.

So first of all, it states 'stay in place makeup' so let me tell you that it does do what it says on the bottle! It really does not budge on my face, but I do also set it with a powder which defiantly makes a difference.

The facts:

15 hour lasting time

medium coverage but buildable

SPF 10

Semi Matte finish

Oil Free

It's full coverage

Its' not cakey

Its got a wide variety of shades and undertones to choose from

It doesn't dry out my skin

It doesn't make my skin oily

It's the perfect consistency, not too thick, not too runny.

Image
Even though the coverage is supposed to be medium, its very easy to get a full coverage off it, I usually build it up with one more layer on the parts of my face that need a bit more coverage, either from dark circles or red marks etc. That's what I really like about this foundation, you can have a really natural look from it, especially for the day time but then you can build it up for night time looks so that you know it wont budge at all in warm environments.

Image
I love the packaging of this product, I'm really into minimal looks at the moment and double wear just does that! Its straight to the point and its not in your face. Very classy! The bottle has a really smooth surface to it as well so its kind of imitating the feel of it on your skin which I love.

Image
 Breakdown of the Shades:

C = Cool Tones (Yellow)

N = Neutral Tones

W = Warm Tones (Pink)

So the colour I use is 1C1 which is Cool Bone. I admit that I do have rather pale skin so I needed something that would match with my actual skin tone.. I often have trouble with finding the right shades in foundation. This colour is a very good match with my skin tone.

With it being yellow undertoned, it really helps to brighten up my face and I can also use fake tan without it looking too pale on me. When using fake tan on my neck I usually make my face look browner with a touch more bronzer than usual.. I never go too dark with tan anyway so it isn't really a problem I have thankfully.

Image
My overall opinion: Lovely foundation which feels like on my skin whilst having really good coverage. Perfect match for my skin tone and love the yellow tones in Cool Bone. I do recommend this to anyone who struggles with imperfections on your face, it really helps to cover them up. I would say though that it probably works slightly better on skin that isn't really oily, although it does help to keep the shine away!

Hope you enjoyed and hoped this helped you pick out a great foundation! (I'm sorry if it doesn't work for all of you)

Shop Style Blog x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© SHOP. STYLE. BLOG.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig